Intermediate Class Program
To be in this group it is necessary that you know the basics. At this stage you will be taken to the outside and start to catch unbroken waves.
- Introduction to the currents/channels in order to reach the outside
- Introduction to the line up and priority rules
- Techniques to sit on and turn the surfboard
- Different parts of the wave and how to catch the wave
- Techniques to advance through the waves (eskimo roll and duck dive)
- Introduction to basic manoeuvres: bottom turn and cut back
- Importance of having your body correctly centred on the surfboard.
Every time your surf instructor feels that it is necessary and the surf conditions allow, there will be a video analysis session