To be in this group it is necessary that you know the basics. At this stage you will be taken to the outside and start to catch unbroken waves.
- Introduction to the currents/channels in order to reach the outside
- Introduction to the line up and priority rules
- Techniques to sit on and turn the surfboard
- Different parts of the wave and how to catch the wave
- Techniques to advance through the waves (eskimo roll and duck dive)
- Introduction to basic manoeuvres: bottom turn and cut back
- Importance of having your body correctly centred on the surfboard.
Every time your surf instructor feels that it is necessary and the surf conditions allow, there will be a video analysis session.